Reports To: Managing Director (initially)
Dalziel Ingredients Felling, Gateshead and occasional travel to Hull
(with potentially wider remit as role grows)
Due to continued growth and expansion across the whole group, we have a newly created role for an experienced HR Advisor based at our Dalziel Ingredients site in Felling, Gateshead. This role will provide proactive full generalist HR support and guidance to around 120 staff and managers across Felling and our satellite site in Hull, as well as working with the wider Dalziel group in time.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a significant impact and contribution to the ongoing success of a growing company, demonstrating the difference that effective HR practices can make to an organisation.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a stand-alone role which will have responsibility for the full employee life cycle as well as H&S responsibility across the site in liaison with relevant managers and directors.
The successful candidate will have experience in a similar environment and be able to demonstrate the impact that HR can have to a successful business. You must be able to work independently and prioritise a varied workload, as well as having strong communication skills both written and oral. Applicants should be CIPD qualified with a working knowledge of current H&S legislation. A driving licence is also preferred.
Dalziel is a successful, growing and ambitious Company, supplying the food industry across the UK. With Headquarters in Glasgow, the business started in 1926 as a supplier to retail butchers and currently employs over 600 staff.
To provide a proactive, professional and supportive HR service to designated client areas, which supports the growth and development of both individual managers and staff, and the site overall.
Initially, this role will be responsible for delivering an HR service to Dalziel Ingredients (c120 people over two locations), but as the HR service develops will be expected to provide an HR service to the wider group by geographical area.
This role is a stand-alone role which will require drive and ambition to support a period of change and growth for the business.
- To provide a full HR service to the client area, liaising regularly with the Managing Director and local senior leaders to ensure the service provided is in line with overall business objectives.
- Provide proactive support, coaching and development to the management team on all people related matters.
- Develop processes for the consistent monitoring and management of performance and attendance across the business, liaising with others to ensure effective communication of these processes.
- Provide support and guidance to managers for any absence and performance management concerns. Coaching and developing managers in the skills required to manage these processes effectively.
- Take accountability for own areas of expertise, ensuring that a high level of performance and delivery is provided and in turn, expected from others.
- Effectively manage the recruitment process for appropriate vacancies. Proactively support the client area to identify headcount requirements for the future and provide a strategic support for this recruitment.
- Ensure that all roles have updated job descriptions and that the requirements of each role are communicated to individuals and managers, and monitored effectively.
- Ensure that the induction process for all new starts and internal moves meets required standards of the company, external auditing bodies, relevant legislation and the individual.
- Make continuous improvements to the induction process by liaising with relevant managers and Directors across the business, and conducting review meetings with recent starters.
- Play an active part in planning and monitoring any performance review programme, and ensuring that resulting training needs are recorded and addressed appropriately.
- Be aware of the financial performance of the business, providing regular relevant reports and KPIs to the Managing Director and local senior managers as agreed.
- Be responsible for compliance with relevant H&S legislation, delegating to, and training of local managers as required, whilst maintaining overall responsibility for compliance and continuous improvement.
- Be responsible for drafting and updating relevant Policies and Procedures, and communicating these as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the professional and accurate administration required for the recruitment and employment of individuals, liaising with Head Office as required.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times, working towards becoming an Employer of Choice for the local area by liaising with appropriate external bodies.
- Provide input to annual salary review process, and identify areas of concern based on local market knowledge.
- Ensure all written documentation reflects the professional image of the organisation
- Provide support to wider HR projects as required.
- Previous generalist HR experience in a similar fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate the provision of a proactive HR service which supports the business goals
- CIPD qualified
- H&S knowledge and experience, qualification preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, being able to work appropriately with staff and managers at all levels and developing their people management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong planning and organisation skills should be demonstrated with the ability to provide a pro-active HR service.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Determined and driven for results, with a high attention to detail
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
Please apply by submitting your CV with a covering letter detailing current salary and notice period to email@example.com
For an informal confidential chat, please feel free to contact Yvonne Anderson on 01698 749595